also available at www.SethSpeaks.net -
Quick Update today before getting to the FB Picks. If you missed last night’s posting on a Rumor I wish could be true, click here (or slide down this page).
· First thing today, Congratulations to Grant Balfour and the Tampa Bay Rays who are on their way to the World Series after defeating the Red Sox four games to one. They will face the Phillies, starting in St. Petersburg. (Oh Wait, that is the kind of paragraph that you shouldn’t write when it is 7-0 Rays, but still only the 7th inning. Oops!)
· At Twinkie Town, we are now running a Prospect Run-Off between Deolis Guerra and Luke Hughes for the Twins #9 prospect. The vote is close, so be sure to weigh in. Later on Friday, we will start the vote for Prospect #10, or #11.
· It was a busy day for Andrew Kneeland as he also posted a Q&A with Eli Tintor.
· Check out another Twins blog, this one called Memories of the Minnesota Twins. It started out very strong with an Interview with Mike Pagliarulo about the 1991 Season. He then took a look at Kirby Puckett in 1992. The plan for that site is to provide a forum for Twins fans to share and exchange stories on the Twins (or Senators). The author is looking for people to share their stories on the site. If you’re interested, check out the site and then send an e-mail here to tell your Twins Story.
Arizona Fall League Thursday Update
· The Phoenix Desert Dogs lost 8-2.
· Dustin Martin started in RF and hit third. He went 0-4 with two strikeouts
· Danny Valencia went 0-4 with a strikeout and another double player. He batted fourth and played 3B.
· Just a reminder that Jeff Manship’s new blog posting is up. So, check that out.
Venezuelan Winter League Wednesday Update
· The Tigres de Aragua did not play Thursday. On Wednesday, they lost 3-1 to Margarita.
· Luke Hughes was 1-4. Carmen Cali struck out the one batter he faced.
· Bobby Korecky went the next 1.2 innings, but he gave up two runs on two hits (including a home run) to take the loss.
NFL “Expert” Picks
See updated standings and our panel’s picks at www.SethSpeaks.net. Thanks!