Also available at www.SethSpeaks.net -
On Wednesday afternoon, the Twins completed a three game sweep of the Cleveland Indians with a 7-3 win. Michael Cuddyer drove in a run in the 1st inning, 5th inning and 7th inning on a single, a home run and a double to lead the way. Joe Mauer went 2-3 with a walk and drove in two runs. Nick Blackburn got the start and the win. He gave up two runs in the 7th inning after six shutout innings. Joe Nathan recorded his 41st save by getting the final two outs. The win temporarily cut the Twins deficit in the AL Central.
- Joe Mauer, in his last four games, has gone 10-13 with three walks. It has raised his batting average from .363 to .374.
- In his last four games, Michael Cuddyer has gone 8-16 with two doubles and two home runs.
- Are we able to say, yet, that Jose Morales is the team’s backup catcher? In this game, he went 2-3 with two doubles.
- Matt Tolbert is apparently now the team’s 3B. But he went 2-4 in the game and plays a solid defense. In his last four games, he is 6-12.
- The Tigers beat the Royals 4-3 on Wednesday night to put their lead back to 4.5 games over the Twins.
World Cup Update:
- Nelvin Fuentes walked one and struck out one batter in his appearance for Puerto Rico.
- Rene Tosoni went 2-4 with a double for Canada.
If you have any opinions, comments or updates, please leave them in the Comments section.