also available at www.SethSpeaks.net -
As I mentioned yesterday, the weather terrorists beat me, that’s for sure. Fearing the 12 to 20 inches of snow that will be hitting central Minnesota later this afternoon, I left the Twin Cities Tuesday night. And now, we just wait. Should be fun! Anyway, still busy on several fronts, so again today, here are just a bunch of links for you to read. Hopefully you enjoy them:
- Over the Baggy has a very interesting article called The Evolution of Delmon Young. It’s really well written and includes video to show how he altered his game over the course of the season.
- Nick Nelson discusses The Waiting Game. As he says, the market is truly working itself out so far this offseason and the Twins are wise to be patient. Can Twins fans be patient too?
- Speaking of Nick, if you want to learn a bunch more about the Twins blogger, be sure to check out Curve for a Strike’s Twins Blogger Get To Know ‘Em on featuring Nick Nelson.
- Curve for a Strike’s Topper Anton will be on a plane, so he won’t be able to join Fanatic Jack on his Twins Talk podcast tonight at 9:00 central time. But you can still listen!
- Fanatic Jack thinks that Orlando Cabrera is the best choice for Second Base.
- Twinkie Talk posted its choice for the Twins #14 prospect. See who they selected.
- Travis Talks discusses his choices for Twins prospects #26-30.
- Be sure to continue voting in the Twinkie Town Top 50 Twins prospects. The most current is a run-off between Jeff Manship and BJ Hermsen for Prospect #18.
- Finally, be sure to check out and bookmark Schlepping Minnesota Sports, a relatively new blog that covers various sports. Check it out and say hi from me.
Quick Free Agent Glance:
Alright, Twins seem to be looking at 3B, and needing a 3B. Some want to add a pinch hitter who, that’s all he does. Here are my top X at those various positions… what do you think?
1.) Felipe Lopez, 2.) Orlando Hudson, 3.) Mark Derosa, 4.) Adam Kennedy, 5.) Jerry Hairston, 6.) Orlando Cabrera
1.) Miguel Tejada, 2.) Adrian Beltre, 3.) Mark Derosa, 4.) Melvin Mora, 5.) Joe Crede
Pinch Hitting Types (are you/we interested in any of these guys?):
1.) Mike Sweeney, 2.) Jim Thome, 3.) Matt Stairs
Do any of those names intrigue you? That’s all for now Please feel free to discuss here.
I POSTED THE BELOW LATE YESTERDAY. THERE ARE A FEW MORE LINKS FOR YOU TO CHECK OUT, IF YOU LIKE:
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
No Podcast Tonight
The weather terrorists won. If there is really going to be like 15 feet of snow coming to central Minnesota between Tuesday night and Friday night, I am going to head out of town and enjoy my Christmas holiday a little early. Therefore, no new podcast tonight. The podcast will start up again next Tuesday night, December 29th, at 9:00 p.m. Until then, here are a few links for you to peruse:
- Check out some of the old SethSpeaks.net Weekly Minnesota Twins podcasts, you know, just for fun!
- Travis posted his choices for Twins prospects 31-35.
- Jeff Manship or BJ Hermsen? Who would you vote for as Twins Prospect #18?
- Looks like R.A. Dickey is going to sign with the New York Mets.
- The blogosphere is pretty quiet, which is not unusual for this time of year. I will be back tomorrow with the NFL “Expert” Picks.