also available at www.SethSpeaks.net -
Good Wednesday, All! I pretty much passed out last night after my podcast, but I wanted to get up early this morning and at least provide you with some links!
- First of all, I thought that last night’s SethSpeaks.net Weekly Minnesota Twins Podcast was a very good one. Twins pitching prospect Blayne Weller was the first guest, and he did a tremendous job answering a lot of questions. Then Doogie Wolfson joined us, prior to his appearance last night on Fox 9’s Sports with Jim Rich (who made an appearance on our show too!). Finally, Parker from Over the Baggy called in and he and I talked Twins topics for about eight minutes beyond the live podcast. So, check it out if you haven’t already.
- Baseball America just posted its Top 10 Twins Prospects. It’s a good, interesting list, so be sure to check that out. John Manuel did a great job on the list. I’m going to try to have him on next week’s Twins podcast. He has said he’d like to do that, so it should work.
- At Twinkie Town, the Twins Prospect vote is now up to #37. I’m sure you’re all voting every day, right?
- Josh Johnson’s Top 50 Twins Prospect series is down currently at Twins Prospect #38.
- The Twins Geek wrote a great article on Michael Cuddyer and people’s perceptions of him. I definitely recommend this one!
- Speaking of, the Twins Geek is going to be on Twins Talk, Fanatic Jack’s Podcast, tonight at 9:00. So check that out. The Twins Geek also was on Monday night’s Travis Talks Minnesota Sports podcast.
- Granny Baseball asks if the Steroid Era is Really Over.
- Star Tribune’s Michael Rand did a nice Q&A with Pat Neshek.
- Yesterday, Joel Sherman of the NY Post noted that the Yankees have signed former Twins minor league IF/OF David Winfree to a minor league contract. I have mixed feelings on that, of course. First, after looking at my Twins minor league roster projections, I thought that the Twins could use a right-handed power bat for right field in Rochester. Second, I met David Winfree for the first time at Twins Fest several years ago. He was just walking around the Dome, and no one recognized him. I stood next to him and we talked for 10 minutes. Each year after that, we would talk a bit as well. He is a terrific guy. But at the same time, the Twins have clearly made the decision that he does not fit into their plans at all, so this is a good move for him. Obviously I wish him well.
- I meant to post this last week and just forgot, but Matt from Minor League Baseball Prospects posted his Top 40 Twins Prospects list.
- Brian from BP Baseball says that the offseason has been about patience.
- Finally, you can feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook, or you can Follow me at Twitter (www.Twitter.com/SethTweets).
That’s it for now, have a great day! Any thoughts?