also available at www.SethSpeaks.net -
The start of spring training represents many things to people. For those of us freezing in Minnesota, staring out at snow piles, the thought of baseball beginning in Ft. Myers is exciting. It represents hope. It represents warmth, and optimism. It represents, in some cases, new beginnings. And it’s the same thing for bloggers. I know for me, I am trying to consider what I will do as it relates to blogging, radio, podcasts, chats, appearances, and more. I want to encourage everyone that is reading this to send me an e-mail and let me know what you think. I want everybody’s opinion on what you would like to see. Here are the areas where I am looking for your opinion. I would want to know what you would like to read, see or hear. I would like your thoughts on how frequently you would like things to be updated. I would like to hear what you don’t like about these things. Please e-mail me your thoughts and comments. So here are the things I’m involved in:
- SethSpeaks.net – This is the main site. I’ve been writing at SethSpeaks.net since May of 2003. I’m curious what your hopes are when you come here. How frequently are you looking for new content? What makes you come back?
- Talkintwinsbb.wordpress.com – This is the same content as SethSpeaks.net, however, at this site, you are able to attain an RSS Feed and there are comments available.
- TwinsCentric – In 2009, TwinsCentric wrote the July Trade Deadline Primer and the Offseason GM Handbook. Late in the year, we worked with the Maple Street Press on the Twins 2010 Annual. The annual is available now at their website, and it will be available on newsstands around the Upper Midwest starting next week. We are developing plans for 2010 in the coming weeks, so I would anticipate there being more projects from the group.
- TwinsCentric at StarTribune.com – As was announced yesterday in Howard Sinker’s blog, TwinsCentric will have a blog on the Twins page of StarTribune.com. I will write there about once and sometimes twice a week. Here is the first TwinsCentric blog posting. It was written by Nick Nelson of Nick’s Twins blog.
- TwinsCentric Viewing Party – On March 13th, the TwinsCentric crew will be hosting a Viewing Party from about noon until four at Majors in Apple Valley. The Twins and the Phillies will be playing an exhibition game on FSN, and we are inviting everyone to attend. TwinsCentric will be providing some prizes, and Majors will be providing deals on drinks and appetizers for those who come in Twins attire. Keep the date – March 13 – and hopefully many of you will be able to make it.
- Radio/Podcasts – I have been doing the SethSpeaks.net Weekly Minnesota Twins Podcast at BlogTalkRadio.com for the last year and a half, and the last couple of weeks, I have teamed with producer TJ De Santis in creating The Show with Seth Stohs at SethSpeaks.net. After experiencing some learning pains last Thursday, last night’s podcast went quite smoothly. I’d love any input you have on the format and quality of the podcasts, but also would love to hear what you like, don’t like or would like to hear on the show.
- Seth’s StarTribune.com Your Voices blog – I have had a blog at the Star Tribune for about a year. Now that I’m with the TwinsCentric StarTribune.com blog, it is possible that I will only do one of the two.
- Live Chats – from time to time throughout the season, I will go to CoverItLive and do some live chats as well. I don’t know if they will be weekly as they were much of last year.
- Minnesota Twins 2010 Prospect Handbook – The publisher got the review copy with corrections on Monday along with the order. I really hope that the order has been fulfilled and the books are on their way to me so that I can get pre-ordered books sent out right away. Over 100 books have been pre-ordered, so that is a good thing.
10. Facebook – You can follow me and/or follow SethSpeaks.net.
11. Twitter – You can follow me and my tweets at @SethTweets, or www.twitter.com/sethtweets.
12. Regular Job – I do work. I have an actual job as the Regulatory Product Planner for Marvin Windows & Doors. That’s my 8-5 (and frequently longer) job.
13. Parent – I also have a 3 year old little girl, which is obviously priority #1 over all of the other things listed above.
So, help me out. I really would appreciate your input on any of the above sites or projects. Most of it is free content, and I definitely appreciate anyone who has helped support me and other bloggers by purchasing some of the rest of the content. What do you like? What don’t you like? I’m just looking for your overall thoughts, so please e-mail me your comments on the site so that I get all of them.
Podcast Update – By the way, if you would like to listen to last night’s The Show with Seth Stohs, click here. It includes an interview with Twins lefty reliever Joe Testa and Parker Hageman from Over the Baggy. If you still haven’t listened to the Denard Span interview from last weeks’ Show, please click here. Also, there will be another episode of The Show on Thursday night at 9:00 central time. I’ve already got two guests lined up, and it will be a very good show, so check it out. (about 30 minutes before show time, I will post the link to the show and the chat room).
Feel free to leave your comments here.