also available at www.SethSpeaks.net -
So, for the past couple of weeks, I have posted a bunch of Q&As with many Twins minor leaguers. I always enjoy reading more about the minor leaguers, but to read their thoughts and learn more about them is really fun. I have not been keeping up with thinks to other Twins blogs and stories lately, so I thought a big weekend posting with several links would be appropriate.
- First, I was able to go to Target Field today with the Twins Geek and The Voice of Reason for an Open House for season ticket holders. If you are a ‘friend’ of mine on Facebook, I posted about 30 pictures of the stadium on Saturday. The facility is amazing. Every seat faces the infield. The concourses are huge. You can watch the game from anywhere. It’s got so many neat attributes all around the stadium. The art and photography is incredible. It was just such a great place, and I was glad to be able to see it already. Oh, and with temperatures sitting around 30 degrees, the heated lighting systems around the concourse were very nice! We even ran in to Fanatic Jack who was equally excited to see the new stadium, which still has some things to finish up before the season begins.
- Roger Dehring writes his weekly minor league update over at Twinkie Town. This weeks’ update is terrific. Roger is in Ft. Myers and was able to watch a minor league game and talk to a player and some players’ family members. Hopefully he’ll send more updates.
- This week at the TwinsCentric StarTribune blog:
- John was puzzled by the Twins long contracts to Nick Blackburn and Denard Span.
- I wrote about the Wilson Ramos/Drew Butera backup catcher situation.
- Nick posted an analysis of the Twins Left Field situation.
- John discussed the importance of an anchor to a pitching staff.
- Parker spent the week in Ft. Myers, and while he was there, he was able to sit down with Twins assistant GM Rob Antony. His Friday blog wrote about part of his interview discussing RBI versus Slugging Percentage.
- Here are Josh’s Thoughts on his Number 6 and Number 7 Prospects.
- K-Bro made a case for letting Joe Nathan and his arm wait.
- There was not a new episode of The Show this week, but there was still plenty of Twins discussion on some podcasts:
- DW The Great’s Saturday morning show had lots of guests.
- Travis and I discussed (and argued) about a lot of Twins subjects on the Travis Talks Minnesota Sports podcast on Monday night.
- Fanatic Jack’s Twins Talk podcast on Wednesday night was excellent.
- Be sure to go to Twins MVB tonight (Sunday) for this week’s MVB Live show from an unknown, surprise location.
- Hitting the Eephus digs into who can replace Joe Nathan?
- I think I’m going to go on a Twins Train Twins trip sometime this year. I’d really like to. Check out their trips and let me know which one I should go on. Maybe a bunch of us can all go on the same trip?!
- Call to the Pen looks at an important, epic performance by Scott Baker.
- Undomed considers the 12 man pitching staff.
- At the Knuckleballs blog, Jim Crikket posted some pictures and a story from Saturday’s Twins/Rays game.
- Jim Crikket is also keeping busy in Ft. Myers by writing on Howard Sinker’s blog too.
- Apparently Phil Rogers is impressed by Max Kepler, but Mickey Mantle comparisons… come on!
If you would like, you can e-mail me, or feel free to leave your comments here.