also available at www.SethSpeaks.net -
Well, I must admit that I am thrilled to post a new blog entry on May 22, 2011!!
It was a tough week for the blog as I really only posted once and had a few short updates. To be honest, it has kind of been a nice break. And frankly, what topics have there been to discuss. It gets old talking about the Twins catching situation and bullpen situation. It isn’t fun talking about each loss. It gets old explaining why I’m not yet willing to throw in the towel.
That said, there are topics to discuss and starting this week, I will get back into it. If nothing else, I was able to participate in each of the scheduled podcasts this past week. As you know, the podcast schedule is as follows (links to most recent show):
- SethSpeaks.net Sunday Night Twins Podcast
- Monday – Twins Minor League Weekly
- Tuesday – SethSpeaks.net Weekly Minnesota Twins Podcast
- Thursday – Twins Minor League Weekly
Today, I did want to take a look at the many Twins blogs out there that do a great job and link to some of them:
- As every weekly link update should, we start by recommending reading Roger’s Weekly Twins Minor League Report.
- Aaron Gleeman posted his choice for the Twins #18 player of all-time, a selection that is sure to make Curve For a Strike’s Topper Anton very excited!
- If there was such a thing, the Twins MVP Blogger these days has to be Nick Nelson. He is an incredible writer who posts thoughtful Twins blogs most days during the week. On Thursday, he took a look at how his top ten Twins prospects are performing at the start of the season. On Friday, he wrote about the dominance of Glen Perkins so far this season.
- By the way, have you booked your Twins Train trip for trips to Milwaukee and Chicago?
- Off the Mark compared the hauls that the Twins got for JJ Hardy and what the Rays got for Jason Bartlett.
- Puckett’s Pond continued a series looking at winning Twins teams by looking at the 1991 team.
- Twin Nation looked at the Bullpen Woes.
There were several terrific blogs related to Harmon Killebrew throughout the week:
- Long-time Twins player Michael Cuddyer posted a tremendous blog on what Killebrew meant to him and others.
- K-Bro called him a Great Player, Great Ambassador, Great Man.
- The NoDak Twins Fan called Killebrew the Grandfather of the Twins Family. He later looked at the careers of Killebrew and Kirby Puckett.
- Hrbekistan posted some great Killer Memories.
Any other Twins sites I should be linking to or articles you’ve read of late on the Twins? Comment here.