Also available at www.SethSpeaks.net –
Tomorrow, I will be posting my thoughts on what the Twins should do this offseason. So be sure to stop back for that. For today, I’m just going to post a few bullet points of goings on. I need to figure out a good plan for the SethSpeaks.net offseason. With the podcasts at www.BlogTalkRadio.com/SethSpeaks, my thinking is that I will just link to those and save myself a day of writing. That said, I really would like your input into what types of things you would like to read here at SethSpeaks.net throughout the offseason. Any and all ideas are welcome. So please leave Comments or send me an e-mail at email@example.com, with anything you would like to read here.
· First, be sure to put your headphones on and head over the www.BlogTalkRadio.com/Andrade where I participated in Marty Andrade’s final Twins Podcast of the year. He and I discussed several topics from AJ Pierzynski to Twins offseason planning. There was a short hiccup about 20 minutes into the show where you will hear some silence, and then I found out that people could hear me, so I rambled incoherently for about a minute before Marty came back on the show and saved the day. Show length – about 75 minutes.
· Went to the Gophers football game on Saturday morning at the Dome with my brother. The Gophers got there first Big Ten win in almost two years against Indiana. First, that Gophers defense appears to be pretty legit, holding an Indiana offense that has regularly scored more than 30 points. Secondly, Eric Decker is a tremendous Wide Receiver, and he’s got another year of eligibility left. In this game, he had 13 catches for 190 yards. I actually thought he had more catches than that. Decker also plays for the Gophers baseball team and was drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in this June’s draft. The Gophers, however, seem to have about one, maybe two, running plays and when they didn’t throw to Decker, pretty much nothing happened. But, it is a much improved team from last year which is good to see.
· Be sure to check out Roger’s Weekly Twins Minor League report over at Twinkie Town. This week, Roger did an article trying to show us if we should make much out of the statistics of players at Elizabethton.
· Now that my Top 50 Twins prospects have been determined, I have begun a series of ‘diaries’ at Twinkie Town to determine Twins fans view on Top Prospects. I enjoy doing it because it’s fun to have my own list, but to get people to vote and come up with a consensus, a group’s list, is pretty fun too. Here is the vote for the Twins Top Prospect, and by afternoon, I will begin the vote for Prospect #2, so keep checking in to Twinkie Town to vote and comment.
· So I ask again, now that the Brewers have been swept by the Phillies in the NL Division Series, was it worth it for the Brewers to give up four prospects (at least two of which have huge upside) for CC Sabathia? Particularly if (when!) the Crew is unable to keep him?
· How happy am I that the Cubs have lost!? The “Loveable Losers” went down in three games! I think that’s hilarious! Why don’t I like the Cubs? Because everyone thinks that they deserve to win, and in reality, they have become the Yankees (just like the Angels have) and spend, spend, spend. Now, if they win, fine. But let’s admit that this team is just spending, and that is how they are choosing to go about it.
· To me, I prefer teams like the Twins and Rays who go about things the right way.
· Does anyone here care about the Minnesota Vikings? I watch their games, and I have a pretty good idea of what is going on, but it isn’t at all like it is with the Twins. If you’re interested in my thoughts on the Vikings, I’ll be happy to jot a few down and get your comments, but if no one wants that, I won’t take the time.
· Anyone else feel really bad for Sage Rosenfels? That has to hurt!
· If you missed it on Saturday, I posted an article on my thoughts on the Twins OF situation in 2009.
· Anthony Slama and Ben Revere made Classification All-Star teams at Baseball America. For rookie league teams, Angel Morales and Aaron Hicks made the team.
That’s it for today! I hope you enjoyed it and found something enjoyable. If you have any questions or comments on anything, please e-mail me or comment here.