also available at www.SethSpeaks.net
Just wanted to get you caught up on the goings on in Arizona Friday and Saturday. The Phoenix Desert Dogs played Friday night and then again on Saturday afternoon. They will have the day off on Sunday, so I thought a quick update one how the Twins players did in the two games.
· Tim Lahey came in to a tie game in the 8th inning. He gave up a run on three hits to take the loss.
· Danny Valencia had a rough game. He went 0-4, which happens from time to time. But he struck out twice and in his other two at bats, he grounded into double plays. He batted 5th and played 3B.
· Dustin Martin went 1-4. He batted third and played in LF.
· Steve Tolleson came in as a defensive replacement in the late innings.
· Dustin Martin again batted third and played in left field. This game, he went 3-4 with a solo home run, his first of the Fall League.
· Danny Valencia went 0-3 with a walk. He didn’t strike out, but did ground into another double play. He again batted fifth and played 3B.
· Steve Tolleson batted eighth and played SS. He went 2-4 with his first double and an RBI. He did get picked off once.
· Rob Delaney came in for the 7th inning. He threw just ten pitches to finish a 1-2-3 inning.
· Anthony Slama came in for the 8th inning. He gave up an unearned run on three hits. He didn’t walk a batter and struck out two. He needed 29 pitches.
A couple other quick notes:
· Friday afternoon, Joe Christensen posted arguably his best blog entry yet. It discusses whether the Twins MVP in 2008 was Joe Mauer or Justin Morneau. It would be hard to argue against either, and in the end, Twins fans should be thrilled to have both of them!
· Josh Taylor talks about boxing while there is an What Other Sports Do You Watch posting at Twinkie Town.
That’s it for the quick update… Again, I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments and ideas for the site, so please send me an e-mail or post Comments here.