also available at www.SethSpeaks.net –
I have a few minutes while I’m eating a boring salad, so I figured I would post a quick update. Baseball is the greatest game, and right now, we are one day from the World Series. That is pretty exciting, but unless your favorite team is playing, there isn’t a lot going on. The Twins front office, managers, coaches, scouts and others met in Ft. Myers to lay the groundwork for the offseason, and I know I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall. But those plans really don’t start going into action until after the World Series. So until real news starts happening, we are left with rumors and speculation and other activities like the Arizona Fall League and the Caribbean League’s games.
LIVE PODCAST TONIGHT AT 8:00 (Central Time) – Before I get started, I do want to mention that there will be a SethSpeaks.net Twins Podcast Live tonight at 8:00. Pat Neshek is set to join me shortly after the 8:00 hour to give us an update on his situation. There could be one or two more guests later in the show if schedules align. I do encourage you to check it the show live if you would like, and feel free to ask questions in the chat room. If you won’t be able to listen in live, be sure to e-mail me a question for Pat that I will be sure to ask him. You can then listen to the show throughout the next week
Here are some additional notes:
· Through MLB Trade Rumors, Chris Haft from MLB.com says that the Twins covet Matt Cain (so does every other team in baseball), and would trade Delmon Young to get him. If I’m the Giants, I probably wouldn’t do the deal 1 for 1 either, but as a Twins fan, how much more could you conceivably give up? Would you add Glen Perkins since Cain would immediately be near the top of the rotation? I think Young and Perkins might be a little too much, so I would hope that the Twins would ask for some minor leaguer back. Of course, the Giants may be leery about giving up any minor leaguer that the Twins show interest in.
· John Sickels has two Twins related postings up at Minor League Ball. The first is his Top 20 Twins Prospects, with letter grades. The second is a You’re the GM for the Twins posting. Both are interesting and the comments that follow are good too.
· Trevor Plouffe was voted as the #13 Twins Prospect, so the vote has now begun for the Twins #14 Prospect, so be sure to keep up with that.
· By the way, Pat Neshek updated his site on Sunday and does mention that he will be on the show tonight… he’s apparently been a very popular media request in the last several days!
Arizona Fall League Monday Update
· The Phoenix Desert Dogs lost to Scottsdale 11-2.
· Dustin Martin batted 6th, played RF and went 1-4 with his second double, and three strikeouts.
· Danny Valencia batted fifth and was the team’s DH. He was 1-4 with an RBI.
· Tim Lahey came into the 8th inning with one out and the bases loaded. He got a sacrifice fly and a ground out to get out of the inning.
· Phoenix plays tonight at 8:05 (central time) against Scottsdale.
· On Friday night, the annual Rising Stars Showcase will be played. Rob Delaney and Anthony Slama will represent the Twins.
Alright, I better get back to it. Have a great day! Any thoughts? E-mail me or leave your Comments here.