also available at www.SethSpeaks.net –
Depending upon how late I get home tonight, I hope to do an interesting posting giving some awards for the first half, with the help of many Twins related bloggers, writers and more. But today, I thought it would be fun to come up with some predictions for the second half. I’ll make a few predictions and then encourage you to leave your second half predictions as well. So here are nine from me:
- The Twins WILL make a trade at or before the July 31st deadline for a middle infielder.
- Joe Mauer will NOT hit .400. In fact, I am going to go out on a limb and say that he will not even win the batting title.
- Justin Morneau will be vastly underrated and only because he plays first base.
- Denard Span will get the OBP up to and slightly over .400.
- Scott Baker will be the team’s top starting pitcher in the second half.
- Jose Mijares will be better in the 2nd half than he was in the 1st half.
- Jesse Crain and Alexi Casilla will not be with the Twins on August 1st.
- Anthony Slama will be.
- Twins edge out Detroit to win the AL Central by one game.
Alright, your turn. What are your big predictions for the second half of the season?
- Again, if you are interested in purchasing a copy of the TwinsCentric Trade Deadline primer, it is $9.95. TwinsCentric.com was set up as well as a place to read more about the book and purchase if you like. If you have any questions or comments, we have set up a separate e-mail, so send an e-mail to TwinsCentric@gmail.com. I really appreciate all that the other writers did and have done, so please take a couple of minutes and check out The Twins Geek, Over the Baggy and Nick’s Twins Blog for tons of free content.