also available at www.SethSpeaks.net –
I have been having some computer/connection issues the past couple of days, so I apologize for lack of posts here at SethSpeaks.net. That doesn’t mean that I haven’t been busy (outside of my normal 8-5 duties).
- First of all, at 10:00 CST tonight, Travis Aune and I will host this week’s episode of Twins Minor League Weekly. We will be joined by the voice of the Rochester Red Wings, Josh Whetzel. We will discuss all four of the Twins full season minor league affiliates as well. So, tune in and let us know what you think.
- In case you missed it on Sunday night, I did host the SethSpeaks.net Weekly Minnesota Twins Podcast. Topper Anton from Curve for a Strike was at all three Twins/Yankees games in NYC this weekend, so we got his first-hand account of the series. He was followed by Jason Collette of Dock of the Rays and Fanball.com, who discussed his Tampa Bay Rays and the AL East. Finally, we discussed some of the Twins top prospects and performers in their minor league system with Josh Johnson of Josh’s Thoughts.
- Then on Monday night, I joined Travis Aune on the Travis Talks Minnesota Sports Podcast to talk about more Twins minor league transactions which took place on Monday.
- On Monday, I posted a StarTribune.com TwinsCentric blog called Who Can Help noting several players in AAA Rochester who could help the Twins if needed. Of course, in it, I mentioned several players, and when the Twins announced a transaction tonight (Tuesday), it was a player I forgot to mention. The Twins promoted Jeff Manship to the big leagues as an extra arm out of the bullpen for this Boston series. Manship provides the Twins with a guy who can eat a lot of innings if necessary. Matt Tolbert was optioned back to Rochester. When JJ Hardy comes off the Disabled List in a couple of days, a pitcher will likely be demoted. It could be Jeff Manship, or maybe it could be that Jesse Crain is Designated for Assignment. As a long-time fan of Crain, someone who has been supportive of him and his stuff, and of patience following the shoulder surgeries he went to, I finally agree that the time has come. I still believe in Crain and his stuff, but now I fully believe that he needs a change of scenery, maybe a move to the National League. I still believe he can be a very good reliever.
- I also posted my thoughts on yesterday’s minor league transactions on my secondary site (talkintwinsbb.wordpress.com) since this page wasn’t working. That is the site that allows comments. That is the site that contains the RSS feed. I was able to blog about being Perplexed by the demotion of Joe Benson. I won’t repost here, but be sure to click on the link to read that short blog post.
Thanks for all your support and continued readership. Have a great day! Leave any comments here.