also available at www.SethSpeaks.net –
Another Twins loss, and the team has now fallen into second place. Third place is in sight!
- On last night’s SethSpeaks.net Weekly Minnesota Twins Podcast, we talked about many Twins topics, and then we were joined by John Parent, a Tigers blogger at MotorCityBengals.com and CalltothePen.com. Please listen to the show and let me know what you think.
- Tonight at 10:00, Travis Aune and I will be co-hosting Twins Minor League Weekly, our weekly look around the Twins farm system.
- Last night, I posted an article at the StarTribune.com TwinsCentric blog called What’s a Twins fan to do?
- Yesterday afternoon, I was on this week’s Sports on Demand with Fox 9’s Seth Kaplan. We spent the entire show talking about many, many Twins topics including Joe Mauer, trade talk, the starting pitchers and more.
- ClubTwins.com is a fairly new Twins fan forum for you to check out. Recently, some of their readers sent me a bunch of questions, and I answered them, so they should be posted there soon.
Here is a quick glance at what happened on Monday in the Twins minor league system:
SethSpeaks Monday Minor League Hitter of the Day – Jose Morales – Rochester Red Wings
SethSpeaks Monday Minor League Pitcher of the Day – Dakota Watts – Beloit Snappers
Red Wings Report
Monday – Rochester 6, Scranton/Wilkes Barre 7 – It was another rough start for Glen Perkins. The lefty gave up six runs on five hits and two walks in 5.1 innings. Rob Delaney gave up one run on one hit in 2.2 innings but took the loss. Jose Morales went 4-4 with his 10th double. Brendan Harris played 3B and went 2-3 with a walk. Jacque Jones went 2-5 with his 14th double and second home run.
New Britain Notes
Monday – New Britain 2, Trenton 8 – Carlos Gutierrez started and gave up five runs (4 earned) on seven hits and three walks in three innings. He struck out none and threw three wild pitches. Cole DeVries threw three shutout innings giving up four hits and a walk. Tony Davis gave up a run on two hits in two innings. Matt Williams gave up two runs on two hits in his inning. The Rockcats bats managed just two hits. Ben Revere stole his 24th stolen base. Joe Benson hit his 10th AA home run (and 14th on the season).
Monday – Ft. Myers 4, Bradenton 14 – Because of rain the game was delayed for an hour and 40 minutes. Santos Arias got the start. He gave up nine runs (6 earned) on 10 hits and two walks in just 4.1 innings. Brad Tippett gave up four runs (2 earned) on five hits in two innings. Michael Tarsi gave up one run on six hits in 1.2 innings. Deibinson Romero went 2-4 with a walk and a triple. Angel Morales was 2-3 with a walk. Estarlin de Los Santos and Nate Hanson were each 2-5. Drew Thompson hit his second home run.
Monday – Beloit 5, Cedar Rapids 4 – Down 4-0, the Snappers scored four runs in the bottom of the 5th inning. The big hit in the inning was a three run home run by Michael Gonzales, his 9th of the year. Danny Rams singled in Wang-Wei Lin in the bottom of the ninth for the winning run. Anderson Hidalgo went 2-4 with his 18th double. Gonzales added his seventh double. And Rams was 2-3 with a walk. Michael Tonkin started and gave up four runs (3 earned) on eight hits and two walks in 5.1 innings. Dakota Watts struck out four in 2.2 shutout innings. Kane Holbrooks struck out three in a scoreless inning.
Monday – Elizabethton 1, Danville 4 – Blayne Weller started and gave up one run on four hits in 3.1 innings. He struck out three. Lefty Clinton Dempster then gave up three unearned runs in 3.2 innings. He struck out four. Matt Hauser came in and struck out two in a scoreless inning. Andy Leer again led the offense. He went 2-4 with his second double.
GCL Twins Topics
Monday – GCL Twins 4, GCL Orioles 3 – Clay Condrey made another rehab start. This time, he worked three innings. He gave up one run on two hits and a walk. He struck out one, got one fly out and seven ground outs. Cesar Ciurcina gave up just one hit over five shutout innings for the win. Matt Schuld gave up two runs on three hits in an inning. Eddie Rosario went 2-4 with two doubles. Kelvin Silvania hit his first home run.
Any thoughts of the Twins or the minor league system? Feel free to leave your questions and comments here.