also available at www.SethSpeaks.net –
Good morning, everyone! The TwinsCentric Viewing Party at Park Tavern in St. Louis Park was fun as always! It is always fun to get together with fellow bloggers and lots of Twins fans! Thank you to all who were there. Hopefully more can get to the next one!
- The Twins weren’t able to pick up a win for us though, falling by a run to the Blue Jays. But O-Dawg had a home run and a triple. The Twins are now where they belong based on how they are playing, 3rd place.
- Rochester lost 7-2 to Scranton/Wilkes Barre. Anthony Swarzak fell to 1-6 with a 6.84 ERA after giving up 6 runs (4 earned) in 4.1 innings. Tim Lahey threw 1.2 scoreless. Rob Delaney went two shutout innings. Pat Neshek gave up a run on two hits and a walk in the 9th. The Red Wings had just six hits. Dustin Martin and D’Angelo Jimenez each had two hits.
- New Britain last 4-2 to Reading. Steve Singleton went 2-3. Jair Fernandez went 2-4 with a double. Joe Benson hit his 5th triple and stole his 7th base. David Bromberg took the loss. He went 7.1 innings and gave up four runs on six hits. He walked none and struck out five. Chris Province went 1.2 scoreless innings.
- Ft. Myers was losing 4-1 to St. Lucie last night when play was suspended by rain. Allan de San Miguel and Evan Bigley each had two hits at the time. Santos Arias had given up the four runs in his four innings.
- Beloit picked up a 5-1 win last night over Wisconsin. Kane Holbrooks has been dominant out of the bullpen this year and made his first start. He gave up no runs on two hits in five innings. He walked none and struck out five. Andrei Lobanov went the next two innings and gave up a run on three hits. Chris Armstrong threw a scoreless inning before Dakota Watts came in and struck out the side in the 9th. Andersen Hidalgo went 3-4 with his 22nd double and first triple. Danny Rams went 2-3 with three RBI, two of which came on a 2-run homer, his seventh of the year.
- Elizabethton scored four in the 8th to top Princeton 7-4. Andy Leer drilled his second home run, a three run blast, in the 8th for the big hit. He was 2-5 in the game. Oswaldo Arcia went 4-5.Lance Ray and Brian Burke were each 2-5. Adrian Salcedo gave up four runs (3 earned) on seven hits in six innings. Clint Dempster worked an inning, and Matt Hauser recorded a two inning save.
- The GCL Twins and GCL Orioles were rained out.
The newest TwinsCentric publication, the TwinsCentric Trade Deadline Primer 2010 will be available on Monday. It’s exciting. It’s a 175+ page electronic book with a ton of information for you to use not only through the July 31st deadline, but also for all of the deals that will be made in August. Rob Neyer, the excellent writer from ESPN.com, wrote a very nice Foreword. The Twins version of the book contains:
- Player Report Cards
- An Essay on the Twins Payroll
- 30 in-depth team summaries
- 100+ Impact Prospect Profiles
- Profiles on over 150 Tradable players
And much more. We enlisted the help of bloggers and other independent writers from around MLB to make this the most comprehensive guide to the trade deadline ever. Again, it will be available at TwinsCentric.com on Monday, so get your copy right away!
I am going to be boarding the Twins Train at 1:30 a.m. tonight/tomorrow morning, bound for Detroit. It should be a great trip. Hopefully the Twins can go there and win a couple of games while we’re there. So, if you see me on TV, be sure it makes the rounds on Twitter and Facebook. I do anticipate Tweeting quite frequently, so if you’re interested, be sure to follow me on Twitter.
Have a great day! Please feel free to e-mail me, or leave comments here.